Number of hospitalization episodes for patients age 18 and older who underwent an isolated AVR
1. Episodes that had an AVR (CCI code 1.HV.90.LA-^^), where the intervention was not coded as out of hospital or abandoned (Out-of-Hospital Indicator not equal to Y and Intervention Status Attribute not equal to A)
2. Discharge date at the end of the episode between April 1 and March 31 of the fiscal year
3. AVR date on or before March 1 of the fiscal year (to allow for a 30-day follow-up to capture deaths occurring in the same fiscal year). AVRs performed prior to the fiscal year may be included if the discharge date at the end of the episode of care was in the following fiscal year.
4. First AVR within 30 days (i.e., repeat AVRs within 30 days are excluded)
1. Episodes with a coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) (CCI code 1.IJ.76.^^)
2. Episodes with other valve procedures (CCI codes 1.HS.^^ Therapeutic Interventions on the Tricuspid Valve, 1.HT.^^ Therapeutic Interventions on the Pulmonary Valve, 1.HU.^^ Therapeutic Interventions on the Mitral Valve, 1.HW.^^ Therapeutic Interventions on the Annulus not elsewhere classified and other aortic valve procedures not in the inclusion list: 1.HV.80.^^, 1.HV.90.ST-^^, 1.HV.90.GQ-XX-L, 1.HV.90.GR-^^, 1.HV.90.WJ-^^)
3. Episodes with core concomitant procedures. Please see the CCQI General Methodology Notes for the detailed list of procedures and codes.