Total number of discharges for a self-injury harm hospitalizations for patients age 15 10 and older
1. Admission to an acute care institution (Facility hospital with self-harm diagnosis (diagnosis type 9, ICD-10-CA codes X60 to X84) for those age 10 and older, sex recorded as male or female
2. Analytical Institution Type Code = 1 )
2. Self-injury is identified by the following external cause of injury codes with a diagnosis type of 9: ICD-10-CA X60–X84
3. Age at admission 15 years and older(general hospital) or 5 (psychiatric hospital) from the Discharge Abstract Database (DAD)
3. Ontario Mental Health Reporting System (OMHRS) records for cases where the OMHRS stay was from an initial emergency department (ED) visit for intentional self-harm (X60 to X84 in the National Ambulatory Care Reporting System \[NACRS\]) within 7 days
Additional notes on the inclusions:
- Episode building was performed to accommodate multiple abstracts within a single episode of care.
- At this time, we are unable to determine the rate for those not identified as male or female in the data.
1. Cadaveric donor or stillbirth records (Admission Category Code = R or S)
2. Patients with an indication of medical assistance in dying