Total number of discharges for PCI for patients age 18 and older
1. PCIs performed on patients in acute care hospitals or same-day surgery facilities
CCP: 48.02 or 48.03
CCI: 1.IJ.50^^, 1.IJ.57.GQ^^, 1.IJ.54.GQ-AZ (this code is used for 2006–2007 to 2008–2009 only)
2. Age at admission 18 and older
3. Sex recorded as male or female
4. Admission to an acute care institution or same-day surgery facility (Facility Type Code = 1 or A)
1. Newborn, stillbirth or cadaveric donor records (Admission Category Code = N, R or S)
2. PCI can be performed in designated cardiac centres only; therefore, procedures reported by facilities without on-site PCI services were excluded from the indicator calculation.
3. Procedures coded as out of hospital or abandoned after onset (Intervention Status Attribute = A or OOH Indicator Flag = Y).