Total number of discharges for CABG for inpatients age 18 and older
1. CABG is identified as the following procedure code recorded in any position of the procedure code fields:
2. Age at admission 18 years and older
3. Sex recorded as male or female
4. Admission to an acute care institution (Facility Type Code = 1)
1. Newborn, stillbirth or cadaveric donor records (Admission Category = N, R or S)
2. CABG can be performed in designated cardiac centres only; therefore, procedures reported by facilities without on-site CABG services were excluded from the indicator calculation.
3. Procedures coded as out of hospital and abandoned after onset (Intervention Status Attribute = A or OOH Indicator Flag = Y)