Number of hospitalization episodes for patients age 18 and older who underwent an isolated AVR
1. Episodes that had an AVR (CCI code 1.HV.90.LA-^^), where the intervention was not coded as out of hospital or abandoned (Out-of-Hospital Indicator not equal to Y and Intervention Status Attribute not equal to A)
2. Discharge date at the end of the episode between April 1 and March 31 of the fiscal year
3. AVR date on or before March 1 of the fiscal year (to allow for a 30-day follow-up to capture deaths occurring in the same fiscal year)
4. First AVR within 30 days (i.e., repeat AVRs within 30 days are excluded)
1. Episodes with a coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) (CCI code 1.IJ.76.^^)
2. Episodes with other valve procedures (CCI codes 1.HS.^^ Therapeutic Interventions on the Tricuspid Valve, 1.HT.^^ Therapeutic Interventions on the Pulmonary Valve, 1.HU.^^ Therapeutic Interventions on the Mitral Valve, 1.HW.^^ Therapeutic Interventions on the Annulus not elsewhere classified and other aortic valve procedures not in the inclusion list: 1.HV.80.^^, 1.HV.90.ST-^^, 1.HV.90.GP-^^, 1.HV.90.GR-^^, 1.HV.90.WJ-^^)
3. Episodes with core concomitant procedures. Please see the CCQI General Methodology Notes for the detailed list of procedures and codes.