Number of hospitalization episodes for patients age 18 and older who underwent a CABG and AVR surgery
1. Episodes that had a CABG (CCI code 1.IJ.76.^^) and AVR (CCI code 1.HV.90.LA-^^) during the same operating episode, where the interventions were not coded as out of hospital or abandoned (Out-of-Hospital Indicator not equal to Y and Intervention Status Attribute not equal to A)
2. Discharge date at the end of the episode between April 1 and March 31 of the fiscal year
3. CABG and AVR surgery date on or before March 1 of the fiscal year (to allow for a 30-day follow-up to capture deaths occurring in the same fiscal year)
4. First CABG and AVR within 30 days (i.e., repeat CABG and AVR surgeries within 30 days are excluded)
1. Episodes with other valve procedures (CCI codes 1.HS.^^ Therapeutic Interventions on the Tricuspid Valve, 1.HT.^^ Therapeutic Interventions on the Pulmonary Valve, 1.HU.^^ Therapeutic Interventions on the Mitral Valve, 1.HW.^^ Therapeutic Interventions on the Annulus not elsewhere classified and other aortic valve procedures not in the inclusion list: 1.HV.80.^^, 1.HV.90.ST-^^, 1.HV.90.GP-^^, 1.HV.90.GR-^^, 1.HV.90.WJ-^^)
2. Episodes with core concomitant procedures. Please see the CCQI General Methodology Notes for the detailed list of procedures and codes.